Visitors Guidance For Family & Friends
In line with government guidelines and the easing of lockdown, we are so pleased to announce that we are now welcoming visitors back into our gardens or new visitor’s rooms to see their loved ones subject to any local lockdowns.
We recognise that the lockdown has been very difficult for you and your loved ones over the past few months and we understand how important they are for all of those within a care home setting.
Our priority continues to be for the health and safety and wellbeing of your loved ones and our staff by reducing the risk of coronavirus transmission within our care homes and prevent future outbreaks. Therefore, the following risk assessments have been carried out and visiting procedures put in place as follows: –
- Prior to any visits taking place you will asked to sign and return to the care home a “Visitors Charter”. Please note that unless returned ahead of your visit your visit will not be permitted.
- Visiting times will be Monday to Friday only and between the hours of 10am – 12 noon and 2pm – 5pm so we can ensure safety
- Please pre book a time slot with the home. This will be on a first come, first served appointment basis
- Visits are for a 20 minute timeslot.
- To minimise risk visits will be limited to a single constant visitor per resident, wherever possible. This, for example, means the same family member visiting each time to limit the number of individuals coming into contact.
- Visits will be limited to once a week only so that every resident can have a visitor
- Please arrive on time as each appointment is a pre booked time slot and therefore late arrivals may lead to your visit being shortened or cancelled
- Please check with the home prior to your visit just in case the situation of visiting has change due to local lockdown or suspected COVID 19 cases.
- Please try to avoid the use of public transport to the home to minimise risk
- If you wish to bring gifts or items in for your loved ones, they will need to be something that can easily be cleaned by the home to prevent cross contamination. For example, flowers are not permissible but something like a box of chocolates are allowed as they can be sanitised with wipes. All gifts must be handed to a member of the staff team upon your arrival and not directly to your loved one.
- Upon arrival you will be met by a member of our team who will ensure that our safety measures are carried out.- Are you feeling well enough to visit, not suffering from any colds or flu like symptoms?
– Test and Trace details completed
– Appropriate suitable face covering in situ
– Temperature taken and is within the parameters
– Hands have been sanitised
- A member of staff will show you to the designated visiting area and stay to facilitate your visit to ensure that protocol is followed.
We ask that you read and adhere to the companies’ charter in order that we can continue to ensure the safety of your family members and our team.
Thank you in advanced for all your understanding and cooperation during this time as we know how difficult this has been for you all, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Your Pre-Visit Check List
- Book an appointment
- No flowers only gifts that can be sanitised with wipes
- Single constant visitor
- Plan your visit where possible to avoid the use of public transport
- Charter signed & returned
- No one under the age of 18
- Visit to last no longer than 20mins
- Ensure you have appropriate and suitable face covering for your visit
Safety measures upon your arrival
- Are you feeling well enough to visit?
- Are you wearing a suitable face covering for your visit?
- NHS Test and Trace completed
- No visitors under the age of 18
- Mandatory temperature checks carried out on arrival
- Have you sanitised your hands at provided stations?
- Social Distancing to be maintained at all times
- Please avoid the use of public transport where possible